Release Notes For R14.0.10
The Trinity Desktop Environment is a complete software desktop environment designed for Unix-like operating systems, intended for computer users preferring a traditional desktop model, and is free/libre software.
R14.0.10 is the tenth maintenance release of the R14.0 series, it builts on and improves the previous R14.0.9 version.
Maintenance releases are intended to promptly bring bug fixes to users, while preserving overall stability through the avoidance of both major API or feature changes and major codebase re-factoring.
R14.0.10 Release Notes
This section highlights some of the most important fixes introduced by this maintenance release.
- New applications
- KlamAV - an anti-virus front end for ClamAV
- Komposé - provides a fullscreen view of all your tasks and/or virtual desktops
- TDEFifteen game - a simple Fifteen game
- pinentry-tqt - TQt-based PIN or pass-phrase entry dialog for GnuPG (build from official upstream)
- Added option to display cover page in KPDF when using two page display
- Major enhancements to the on screen virtual keyboard (kvkbd)
- Added adjustable icon spacing functionality in KDesktop
- 1%-step display brightness fine tuning is now possible, if supported by the monitor
- Improved unicode support in TQt3
- Add support for RISC-V 32bit and 64bit
- Improved support for kweather stations
- Added additional foreigner screensaver desktop files
- Translation updates (thanks to all translators)
- Several packages have been migrated to CMake build system
- Dropped automake build system for various packages
- Continued overall look polishing
- DEB: initial work on reproducible builds
- DEB: added support for Ubuntu 21.04 (Hirsute)
- RPM: added support for Mageia 8 and Fedora 33
- BSD: added support for FreeBSD 13
- Bug fixes
- Fixed Konqueror random crash on cut-n-paste
- Fixed handling of files containing # in their name
- Fixed visualization of icons for executable files with libmagick >= 5.33
- Fixed warning message spew on dbus access denial
- Fixed TDevelop crash on bash files
- Fixed detection of mountable optical disks with incomplete partition table
- KSplash theme information is now displayed in the TDE Control Center
- DEB trinity-keyring no longer depends on gnupg package
The full list of changes is available at these locations (please note that the two lists complement each others, they are not duplicates):
Installation instructions and binary packages are immediately available for Debian, Devuan, Raspbian and Ubuntu. Packages for RedHat/CentOs, Fedora, Mageia, OpenSUSE, and PCLinuxOS are being built by their respective maintainers and may be already available or will be soon.
Live CDs with TDE R14.0.10 preinstalled are or will be available soon on the LiveCDs page.
Previous R14.0 Release Notes
Release notes for previous versions of TDE are avaiable at these links.
- Previous release (R14.0.9)
- Older R14.0.x release notes.
TDE continues to offer support for FreeBSD, although still partial given some of the new issues that have arisen with the latest versions of FreeBSD. The TDE team will try their best to improve support for FreeBSD but progress will probably be slow. Additional developers or contributors willing to help porting the remaining features and applications are always welcome.
Credits and acknowledgements
We thanks all the people that are (or have been) involved in making TDE the great desktop environment that it is.
We would like to thank IntegriCloud for kindly providing a powerful physical server based on a secure POWER9 architecture that serves as the TDE primary host and as a very powerful builder for ppc64el packages.
We would like to thank all the mirrors for kindly providing free hosting for the TDE packages and archive.
We would like to thank all the people who have used the TDE Weblate Translation Workspace to improve translations for many languages. We are looking forward for further contributions in future.
- Emanoil Kotsev (299)
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Keqing Li (15)
- Slávek Banko (1874)
- Philippe Mavridis (260)
- Thomas Cordonnier (451)
- Stefan Krusche (226)
- Philippe Mavridis (1161)
- Fiflagar Lorizen (70)
- Michele Calgaro (1942)
- Olga Smirnova (147)
- Jan Stolarek (144)
- Marek W (38)
- Hugo Carvalho (555)
- Alexander Golubev (995)
- Philippe Mavridis (579)
- ztime (6)
- Marek Mlynar (150)
- Spanish (Argentina)
- Sergio Ricardo Vicari (53)
- Erdem Ersoy (56)
- Mehmet Dokuz (44)
- Muha Aliss (4)
- Roman Savochenko (1252)
Contribute to TDE development
The TDE development team is small but friendly. If you wish to participate in the TDE development process, please visit the Get involved page for additional information.
There are many things you can contribute to, from documentation review to bug fixes as well as brand new software features or applications.
Feedback from our users is also an integral part of a large scale, user-experience oriented project such as TDE. Whether you want to report a bug, suggest an improvement or simply let us know your opinion about TDE, please feel free to contact us. Three good places to start communication are the official TGW site (user guide here), the project's mailing lists and the bug tracker.
Donate to the TDE Project
Creating TDE requires significant computing resources and bandwidth. Please consider helping to keep us online with a donation on our donations page. Without your financial assistance, TDE would not be possible!