Release Notes For R14.0.1
The Trinity Desktop Environment is a complete software desktop environment designed for Unix-like operating systems, intended for computer users preferring a traditional desktop model, and is free/libre software.
R14.0.1 is the first maintenance release of the R14.0 series, and is the result of several months of ongoing effort by the TDE development team. Maintenance releases are intended to promptly bring bug fixes to users, while preserving overall stability through the avoidance of both new features and major codebase re-factoring.
Original R14.0.0 Release Notes
You can read the release notes of the original R14.0.0 release, on which R14.0.1 is based, here.
R14.0.1 Release Notes
This section highlights some of the most important fixes introduced by this release
- Added support for Ubuntu Vivid 15.04
- Added initial support for FreeBSD
- Added support for ARM64 and PowerPC64le
- Konqueror file filtering now works correctly
- TDE session manager crashes should no longer be experienced
- KHelpcenter incorrectly displayed content is now visualized correctly
- Incorrect window transparency with TDE Compton has been eliminated
- Incorrect circular dependency in Debian/Ubuntu packages has been resolved
- TDEFileReplace no longer hangs/crashes when circular links are encountered
- TDENetworkManager no longer crashes if an interace is removed
- TDENetworkManager no longer hangs on point-to-point connections
- TDevelop cmake template projects now builds correctly
- Digikam slideshow no longer hangs
- Several qt3/tqt3 security alerts have been fixed
- Several FTBFS has been addressed
- KDesktop no longer hangs on startup
- KMail no longer crashes if closed in offline mode
- KSquirrel can load codecs - works again
The complete list of bugs fixed in this release is available here.
A detailed commit change log is also available here.
TDE now has basic support for FreeBSD! Additional developers are always welcome to help port over the remaining features and applications.
Installation instructions and binary packages are immediately available for Debian and Ubuntu. Packages for RedHat/CentOs, Fedora, Mageia, OpenSUSE, and PCLinuxOS are being built by their respective maintainers and will be made available at a later date.
Live CDs with TDE R14.0.1 preinstalled are available on the LiveCDs page.
Feedback from our users is an integral part of a large, user-experience oriented project such TDE. Whether you want to report a bug, suggest an improvement, or simply let us know your opinion of TDE, please feel free to contact us. Two good places to start communication are the project's mailing lists and bug tracker.
The TDE development team is small but friendly. If you wish to participate in the TDE development process, please visit the Get involved page for additional information.
Contribute to the TDE Project
Creating TDE requires significant computing resources and bandwidth. Please consider helping to keep us online with a donation on our donations page. Without your financial assistance, TDE would not be possible!
Press Contact Information
Project Founder/Administrator: Timothy Pearson, email@example.com