Release Notes For R14.0.4
The Trinity Desktop Environment is a complete software desktop environment designed for Unix-like operating systems, intended for computer users preferring a traditional desktop model, and is free/libre software.
R14.0.4 is the fourth maintenance release of the R14.0 series, and is built on and improves the previous R14.0.3 version.
Maintenance releases are intended to promptly bring bug fixes to users, while preserving overall stability through the avoidance of both new features and major codebase re-factoring.
Previous R14.0 Release Notes
R14.0.4 Release Notes
This section highlights some of the most important fixes introduced by this maintenance release.
- Fixed handling of certificate "permanent" acceptance
- Fixed screensaver activation and computer suspend code interaction
- Fixed occasional Konqueror crashes on kjs/regexp
- Fixed utf8 handling in tdeabc, libkcal, CardDAV
- Fixed invisible (miniature) icons in the tray
- Fixed positioning of main panel to the screen side when the clock is displayed in the system tray
- Fixed crash of some non-TDE applications due to wrong X symbolic color database
- Fixed "ESC" support in TDEPowersave countdown dialog
- Switch to new jabber protocol in Kopete
- Improved startup of tdehw dbus daemon
- Improved support for TQt python scripts
- Improved handling of folder location in save dialog
- Relaxed time limit for computer suspend settings in TDEPowersave
- Updated METAR URL in KWeather
- Added CUPS 2.2 support
- Added FFMPEG3 support
- Added GCC 6.x support
- Added GStreamer 1.x support
- Added rar 5.x support
- Fixed security issues
The complete list of bugs fixed in this release is available here.
A detailed commit change log is also available here.
Support for FreeBSD is still partial and some new issues have arisen with the latest versions of FreeBSD. The TDE team will try their best to improve support for FreeBSD but progress will probably be slow. Additional developers or contributors willing to help porting the remaining features and applications are always welcome.
Installation instructions and binary packages are immediately available for Debian and Ubuntu. Packages for RedHat/CentOs, Fedora, Mageia, OpenSUSE, and PCLinuxOS are being built by their respective maintainers and will be made available at a later date.
Live CDs with TDE R14.0.4 preinstalled are available on the LiveCDs page.
Feedback from our users is an integral part of a large, user-experience oriented project such as TDE. Whether you want to report a bug, suggest an improvement or simply let us know your opinion about TDE, please feel free to contact us. Two good places to start communication are the project's mailing lists and bug tracker.
The TDE development team is small but friendly. If you wish to participate in the TDE development process, please visit the Get involved page for additional information.
Contribute to the TDE Project
Creating TDE requires significant computing resources and bandwidth. Please consider helping to keep us online with a donation on our donations page. Without your financial assistance, TDE would not be possible!
Press Contact Information
Project Founder/Administrator: Timothy Pearson, firstname.lastname@example.org