Preliminary Testing Builds
Would you like to always use the latest development version of TDE on a Debian-based distributions (Debian, Ubuntu, Devuan)? Preliminary packages of the next major or minor release - called "preliminary testing builds" (PTB) - are available for testing for selected versions of those distributions.
PTB packages are hosted in a regular apt repository (alternative apt source), so you'll be able to get regular updates.
Installing Preliminary Testing Builds
To use the preliminary testing builds you need to add the following lines
to your /etc/apt/sources.list.
Please replace all references to <your-distribution> with your lowercase appropriate version: e.g "buster" or "bionic".
# Trinity preliminary testing builds deb http://mirror.ppa.trinitydesktop.org/trinity/deb/trinity-testing <your-distribution> deps main deb-src http://mirror.ppa.trinitydesktop.org/trinity/deb/trinity-testing <your-distribution> deps main
Example for Debian 10 - Buster:
# Trinity preliminary testing builds deb http://mirror.ppa.trinitydesktop.org/trinity/deb/trinity-testing buster deps main deb-src http://mirror.ppa.trinitydesktop.org/trinity/deb/trinity-testing buster deps main
Packages are signed using GPG key ID c93af1698685ad8b. The best way to install GPG key is to manually download and install package
trinity-keyring. The advantage is that this method of installation is not dependent on the availability of the key server. Another advantage is that the key is not integrated into the global apt keyring, but is installed as a separate file:
wget http://mirror.ppa.trinitydesktop.org/trinity/deb/trinity-keyring.deb sudo dpkg -i trinity-keyring.deb
Available distributions and architectures
The PTB apt repository includes packages for various distributions and hardware architectures. The current list of supported distributions and architectures is as follows:
- unstable - Sid : amd64, i386, armhf, arm64, ppc64el
- 11.x - Bullseye : amd64, i386, armhf, arm64, ppc64el
- 10.x - Buster : amd64, i386, armhf, ppc64el
- 9.x - Stretch : amd64, i386, armhf, ppc64el
- unstable - Ceres : Use Debian Sid.
- 3.x - Beowulf : Use Debian Buster.
- 2.x - Ascii : Use Debian Stretch.
- 20.10 - Groovy: amd64, ppc64el
- 20.04 - Focal: amd64, ppc64el
- 19.10 - Eoan: amd64, i386, ppc64el
- 19.04 - Disco: amd64, i386, ppc64el
- 18.04 - Bionic: amd64, i386, ppc64el
- 16.04 - Xenial: amd64, i386, ppc64el