Release Notes For R14.0.6
The Trinity Desktop Environment is a complete software desktop environment designed for Unix-like operating systems, intended for computer users preferring a traditional desktop model, and is free/libre software.
R14.0.6 is the sixth maintenance release of the R14.0 series, and is built on and improves the previous R14.0.5 version.
Maintenance releases are intended to promptly bring bug fixes to users, while preserving overall stability through the avoidance of both major new features and major codebase re-factoring.
R14.0.6 Release Notes
This section highlights some of the most important fixes introduced by this maintenance release.
- Bug fixes
- Reboot and shutdown now works with other DM (other than TDM) as long as logind is present
- Passwords with special characters are now accepted
- Fixed bugs with pdf handling and displaying
- Improved TDM log file handling
- Fixed GUI related glitches and missing icons in various places
- Fixed annoying double notification when inserting some special removable media
- Fixed few KOrganizer crashes
- Fixed Kdesktop unresponsive behaviour when multiple users log into the same machine at the same time
- Fixed support for array of object path key maps in dbus-1-tqt
- Fixed SSL initialization for OpenSSL >= 1.1
- Added support for safe conversion from TQString to char*
- Added support for global LDFLAGS set at the system level
- Several packages have been migrated to CMake build system
- Improved GCC visibility detection in CMake builds
- Created a CMake framework for updating translation templates
- Added support for Weblate web based translation (yet to be officially announced)
- Improved TDE related CMake capabilities
- Improved support for large files detection
- Better detection of dynamic loaded libraries location
- Fix security issue CVE-2018-19870
- Fix security issue CVE-2018-19873
- Fix security issue CVE-2018-7225
- Fix security issue CVE-2018-20021
- Fix security issue CVE-2018-20022
The complete list of bugs fixed in this release is available at these locations:
A detailed commit change log is also available here.
Installation instructions and binary packages are immediately available for Debian and Ubuntu. Packages for RedHat/CentOs, Fedora, Mageia, OpenSUSE, and PCLinuxOS are being built by their respective maintainers and may be already available or will be soon.
Live CDs with TDE R14.0.6 preinstalled are or will be available soon on the LiveCDs page.
Previous R14.0 Release Notes
Release notes for previous versions of TDE are avaiable at these links.
- Previous release (R14.0.5)
TDE continues to offer support for FreeBSD, although still partial given some of the new issues that have arisen with the latest versions of FreeBSD. The TDE team will try their best to improve support for FreeBSD but progress will probably be slow. Additional developers or contributors willing to help porting the remaining features and applications are always welcome.
Credits and acknowledgements
We thanks all the people that are (or have been) involved in making TDE the great desktop environment that it is.
We would like to thanks vpsFree.org for kindly providing free hosting for some of the services used to make Trinity Desktop a better software, most notably the main redirector, which makes distribution of new versions significantly faster, Slavek's preliminary builds and our self-hosted Gitea-based TGW workspace.
Contribute to TDE development
The TDE development team is small but friendly. If you wish to participate in the TDE development process, please visit the Get involved page for additional information.
There many things you can contribute to, from documentation review to bug fixes as well as brand new software features or applications.
Feedback from our users is also an integral part of a large, user-experience oriented project such as TDE. Whether you want to report a bug, suggest an improvement or simply let us know your opinion about TDE, please feel free to contact us. Three good places to start communication are the official TGW workspace, the project's mailing lists and bug tracker.
Donate to the TDE Project
Creating TDE requires significant computing resources and bandwidth. Please consider helping to keep us online with a donation on our donations page. Without your financial assistance, TDE would not be possible!